The intention is to create a community platform where next to legal and financial experts also experts in the social sciences and philosophy can exchange ideas on the interaction between and impact of systems in the society we live in and the behavior of the individual or collective.
When it comes to Corporate Social Responsibility, Compliance, Sustainability and Integrity in the end the individual needs to act, governments, organisations and corporations are merely (legal) constructs.
Much time and effort is spent on providing guidelines, creating policies and introducing laws and regulations. These efforts should extrinsically coerce the individual to act in a certain way.
Question: Is it working i.e. is it effective? Should we not look at intrinsic motivation (purpose driven) and include the opinions and views of for example philosophers and social scientists on what world we want to live in and what can increase the quality of live on individual and collective level instead of just looking at the easier to measure financial, economical impact? Our societies are built on people and (often unwritten) agreements on how we treat each other and live together. These intrinsic values are the basis.
Let’s unite to make social responsibility explicit and practical! Let us reframe social responsibility and integrity and script to develop new ‘moral’ standards, practices and parameters to measure their effectiveness.
• Collaborate Now not enough collaboration. Collaboration implies shared ownership and interest in a specific outcome. Start with the biggest denominators: What world/society do we want to live in? How do we interact with integrity on an individual basis?
• Consolidate It is time to join forces and align our efforts through trying to understand each other’s point of view, aiming to gather insights from experts in many fields, learning from each other’s mistakes and successes and sharing best practices. Bringing all these insights together on one platform.
• Conceptualize When we have an idea of the different stakeholders, their interests and agendas, theories, existing and tried theories, practical concepts, lessons learned and best practices, we can conceptualize these insights and create new integrated, shared concepts.
• Concrete Time is of the essence. We need to act now and come with a concrete plan of approach that can be used on individual and corporate/organisational level. A roadmap will enable us to track our progress and monitor the results (KPIs per control). We need to get back in the driver’s seat.
• Carry out Let’s get cracking! We have owners for our milestones so people can be held accountable. Everybody contributes.
• Control & Check The moral framework en concrete plan of action will enable us to act towards our common set goals and results.